Thursday, June 24, 2010

the story... why i help THE HELP

the story.
in march i interviewed for a job in tuscaloosa, al, at first presbyterian church to be on the college ministry staff as the girl intern. the people were so wonderful and welcoming, and tuscaloosa is such a neat college town. i found out the week after spring break that i had received the job. after weeks of prayer over the job, i declined. i felt that the Lord was leading me to work in a work place to share the gospel.

after exams in may i came back to greenwood (for what i thought would be a few days) to see my grandfather in the hospital. 2 days turned into 2 weeks. i got a call asking if i might be interested in taking a job with the movie that was in town. after some thought and prayer said yes and went in to interview. my interview was on a thursday afternoon. i went to the hospital that morning to talk to granddaddy about it and went back up there after to let him know how it went. he got out of the hospital the next day. but on saturday became non-responsive.

russell (my boss) called me on monday to let me know that he wanted to offer me the job. i walked into the house after he called to tell my family. my mom said, "just go try to let granddadddy know." i walked in his room and sat on the corner of the bed and told him. he smiled and said yay very quietly. best feeling ever. he passed away that wednesday.

now i am "helping the help".

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. -Proverbs 3:5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home